I've shrugged studying back over my head again. Assignments, group work, countless readings that I'm not doing enough of. It's all so familiar and well-worn. I know how to do this. I am doing it. Quelle horreur.
I've not much to say this week.
1. My Little Guy is off with his Dad for 9 sleeps having the first half of the Easter hols 2 hours away from me. I miss his squirmy little body and his silly little voice and his little rat-fingers trying to tickle me.
2. The Big Guy's kids are off with their Mum on the normal week-on-week-off schedule. Thus we are kidless and it's sucky. And nice, but only for a little while.
4. The chickehs are doing well. I am trying to train them to leap for food, which works sometimes but only if they can see the food. Then they flutter and leap to get it. Dry cat food = nomnomnom. Perhaps I will open a chicken circus one day. No doubt I will have to teach them other tricks besides chasing me and leaping. I will ponder it further.
5. I signed my fellowship contract today and I feel like a fraud because I'm nowhere near as Fellow-y as the other Fellows, but c'est la vie. I am still deciding whether to change my position title on our website (I'm the webmaster) because of my fraud-y-feeling.
6. I got a Very Good Mark for my first assignment but I'm pissed off because the marks came from the peer ratings and our lecturer had told us that those ratings didn't count for anything and as it turned out they counted completely and I'd been soooooooo (SO) kind to the other students while they killed me with Death-By-Powerpoint. Now my choices in this matter are thus:
a) keep marking everyone stupidly high (47 out of 50),
b) mark everyone else a average grade only (30 out of 50) unless they blow my mind,
d) write "I refuse to participate because it's so patently invalid to have me marking my peers".
What would you do?
And here's a picture for your eyes.
The traditional Venice shot. Ahhhh, holidays, they go so fast.
Smoky, Spicy Restaurant-Style Mussels (+ a winner!)
16 hours ago