Tuesday, October 13, 2009

OTT and Kreativ

WiseGuy gave me two bloggy awards! Amazing given that I feel that neither is particularly deserved. My blog (and I) are not particularly over the top, nor kreativ. But hey, I shall play along because I get to award these awards again (hooray) and tell you random things about me. Thank you ^WiseGuy^  :o)


Here's the rules we all have to absolutely to the letter follow:

1. you can only use one word!
2. pass this along to 6 of your favourite bloggers
3. alert them that you have given them this award!
4. have fun!


1. Where is your cell phone?  Handbag
2. Your hair?  Brown
3. Your mother?  Sad
4. Your father?  Dead
5. Your favourite food?  Curry
6. Your dream last night?  Unremarkable
7. Your favourite drink?  Kahlua
8. Your dream/goal?  Baby
9. What room are you in?  Dining Room
10. Your hobby?  Reading
11. Your fear?  Agony
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years?  Centred
13. Where were you last night?  Home
14. Something that you aren’t?  Creative
15. Muffins?  Blueberry
16. Wish list item?  Baby
17. Where did you grow up?  Australia
18. Last thing you did?  Read
19. What are you wearing?  Civvies
20. Your TV?  Off
21. Your pets?  Cats
22. Friends?  Loving
23. Your life?  Waiting
24. Your mood?  Hopeful
25. Missing someone?  Gramps
26. Vehicle?  Ford
27. Something you’re not wearing?  Scarf
28. Your favorite store?  Nope
29. Your favorite color?  Red
30. When was the last time you laughed?  Earlier
31. Last time you cried?  Thursday
32. Your best friend? Adorable
33. One place that I go to over and over? Desk
34. One person who emails me regularly? Mum
35. Favorite place to eat? Satgurus

And my nominees are all lovely, go read them if you don't already ...
First Comes Love
I Can't Whistle
Invitro Veritas
Zen and the Art of Peacekeeping
Infertile Naomi
We got hitched. We bought the 4 bedroom house. Now what??? 

And now for the also completely undeserved Kreativ Blogger Award. Thank You again WiseGuy!



More rules:
1) Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2) Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3) Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4) Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5) Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6) Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7) Leave a comment on each.


Seven Things that People May Not Know About Me:

1. I am a perfectionist and a control-freak. Hang on, you'd probably gathered that already.

2. I think I am fat but my weight/BMI is perfect. Dysmorphic much? (Thanks Mum!)

3. I wanted to be a clinical neuropsychologist and I've worked for 8 years to get into the doctorate, but now I'm so close I don't want to do it any more.

4. My husband is completely wonderful and deliciously sweet and he recently arrived home with new clothes he'd spontaneously bought for me because "they had a sale on". And they're even nice clothes that fit me and look good!!!

5. I cannot reconcile short-sleeve tops with hoods. Hoods are for cold weather. Short-sleeves are for warm weather. WTF is going on with short-sleeve hoodies???

6. I learned the flute when I was in high-school and my teacher said I had promise. But I wouldn't march in time to the metronome - we had an argument about that and I stopped playing. Imagine, marching along to a metronome. Could she have thought of a better way to make poor 14yr old me feel like a complete dickhead? Silly me.

7. I don't like eating in the morning. Before 10am anyway.


And the nominees are a mixed bag of writers I love, food I eat and presentations I aspire to...
Eat Me, Delicious
Catherine Newman
Annie's Eats
In a Beautiful Pea Green Boat
May I Say Something
Presentation Zen
Mimi Smartypants

5 comments:

  1. Thank you dear, for the kind blog award. I shall get busy on that in the next few days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a definite clickety-clack in your blog...and I love it.

    I never leave home unless I have had something to eat, and I leave by 8:30/9 on workdays! I have always been the hungry-in-the-morning-bee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. Thanks :-). About the BMI thing same here..perfect weight/BMI but I do feel and i think look fat. Wonder whats up with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thanks! Now I have some time will go and have a go at a list of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for the award! You are so sweet to include me on your list.

    Just by the way- I do acupuncture and truly believe it has made me healthier-- and there is simply no down side except the needle insertions and having to lie there listening to my brain babble for an hour.

    wishing you peace and diversion and a cycle soon- I find it much easier to be in the midst of than be waiting.

    warmly,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

"Scout yonder's been readin' ever since she was born." I wasn't quite so precocious but I do love reading comments!